|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
December 2013 Schedule
Sun. December 01: Peter Lerner Quintet - featuring Peter Lerner (guitar), with Geof Bradfield (saxes/clarinet), Adrian Ruiz (piano), Marlene Rosenberg (bass), Charles Heath (drums)
Sun. December 08: Jarrard Harris Quartet - featuring Jarrard Harris (sax), with Katie Ernst (bass), Miguel de la Cerna (piano), Keith Brooks (drums)
Sun. December 15: Henry Johnson Quartet - featuring Henry Johnson (guitar/vocals), with Billy Foster (piano), Josh Ramos (bass), and Charles Heath (drums)
...AND join HPJS in singing a HAPPY 96TH BIRTHDAY to Timuel Black!
Sun. December 22: Al Smith Sextet - featuring Al Smith (woodwinds), Genevieve Smith and Roger Harris (piano/keyboards), Joyce "Peaches" Faison (vocals), Geoffrey Lowe (acoustic bass), Brady Williams (drums/percussion)
Sun. December 29: Joan Collaso's 5th Sunday Jazz Jam - featuring Joan Collaso (vocals), with sidemen TBA
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott