|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
March 2014 Schedule
Sun. March 02: Bernard Scavella Quartet - featuring Bernard Scavella (sax), with Charlie Johnson (piano), Chuck Webb (bass), Robert Shy (drums)
Sun. March 09: Frank Russell Quintet - featuring Frank Russell (electric bass guitar), with Vijay Tellis Nayak (keyboards), Marco Villarreal (guitar), Charles Heath (drums), and special guest Corey Wilkes (trumpet)
Sun. March 16: Marlene Rosenberg Quartet - featuring Marlene Rosenberg (bass), with Geof Bradfield (saxophones), Scott Hesse (guitar), Christian Euman (drums)
Sun. March 23: Fred Jackson Quintet - featuring Fred Jackson (sax), with Sean Johnson (trumpet), Justin Dillard (piano), Junius Paul (bass), Makaya McCraven (drums)
Sun. March 30: Joan Collaso's "5th Sunday Jazz Jam" - featuring Joan Collaso (vocals), Larry Hanks (piano), Larry Gray (bass), Kwame Steve Cobb (drums)
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott