|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
June 2016 Schedule
Sun. June 05: A special "Double-Bill" evening at Room 43 - with:
6:00 p.m. UChicago's Jazz X-Tet
7:30 p.m. Lady “T” Quintet - featuring Lady “T” — Toscanellie Marcelain (vocals), with Jim Pierce (guitar), Dennis Luxion (piano), Dan DeLorenzo (bass), Greg Artry (drums)
Sun. June 12: Chicago Yestet - with Rich Moore (alto sax), Chris Madsen (tenor sax), Geof Bradfield (tenor sax), Chuck Parrish (trumpet), Russ Johnson (trumpet), Tom Garling (trombone), Joel Adams (trombone), Mike Allemana (guitar), Rob Clearfield (piano), Andrew Vogt (bass), Xavier Breaker (drums), Rob Dz (spoken word), Lashera Moore (vocals)
Sun. June 19: Thaddeus Tukes & The Graduates - featuring Thaddeus Tukes (vibes), with Isaiah Collier (saxes), Julius Tucker (piano), Runere Brooks (bass), Kyle Swan (drums), Zakk Garner (sax), Candace Tukes (vocals), and others
Sun. June 26: Marquis Hill Group - featuring Marquis Hill (trumptet), with Christopher McBride (alto sax), Justin "Justefan" Thomas (vibes), Jeremiah Hunt (bass), Makaya Mccraven (drums)
Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan
And don't forget our "Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan" series! Always FREE, our next "Third Tuesday" on Tues. June 21st features tenor saxophonist Isaiah Collier's Quartet.
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott