|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
April 2015 Schedule
Sun. April 05: Bill McFarland & The Chicago Horns - featuring Bill McFarland (trombone), Kenny Anderson (trumptet), Hank Ford (sax), with Kirk Brown (piano), Yosef Ben Israel (bass), Charles Heath (drums)
Sun. April 12: Ron Salter & The Most Wanted - featuring Ron Salter (sax), with Roger Weaver (keys), Chuck Webb (bass), Omowale Ojikutu (vocals/trombone), Mel Davis (drums)
Sun. April 19: A special "Double-Bill" evening at Room 43 - with:
6:00 p.m. Morgan Park H.S. Jazz Band
7:30 p.m. Diane "L'il Sax" Ellis, featuring Diane Ellis (alto sax), with Andrea Moore (piano), Sherry Weathersby (electric bass), Mesha Herron (guitar/vocals), Taylor Moore (drums)
Sun. April 26: Marshall Vente Octet - featuring Marshall Vente (piano/arranger/conductor), with Terry Connell (trumpet), John Mose (trombone), Jim Massoth (sax), Chip Gdalman (sax), Jack Baron (sax), Jim Batson (bass), Steve Shebar (drums)
May 2015 Schedule
Sun. May 03: Bobby Broom Trio - featuring Bobby Broom (guitar) with sidemen TBA
Sun. May 10: Ari Brown Quintet - featuring Ari Brown (sax), with sidemen TBA
Sun. May 17: A special "Double-Bill" evening at Room 43 - with:
6:00 p.m. Mt. Carmel H.S. Jazz Band
7:30 p.m. Bobbi Wilsyn Group, featuring Bobbi Wilsyn (vocals), with sidemen TBA
Sun. May 24: John Wesley Quintet - featuring John Wesley (sax), with sidemen TBA
Sun. May 31: Joan Collaso's 5th Sunday Jam - featuring Joan Collaso (vocals), with sidemen TBA
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott